February 3, 2011

February 3rd, 2011

Before Mark and I went to Mexico he was off on an adventure on the other side of the world.  He went to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand.  He asked me one day if I wanted anything while he was over there. 
Yes, a jade bracelet!
A few years back…. well maybe more than a few… I was in an antique shop looking around for a tooth pick holder for mom.  All the ones they had, she already had.  I made my way over to the jewelry counter and saw a beautiful jade bangle bracelet.  The shop owner wanted $100 bucks for it.  I was broke.  I had literally just changed jobs from Cashier in a Grocery Store, to a Production Assistant in Radio.  There is literally no money working in radio, so I could not buy the item.  I kicked myself for from that day on.  It’s beauty and simplicity haunted me.
So while Mark was off in Asia, where Jade is abundant, he picked me up a beautiful jade bangle.
IMG_1606
Jade can vary in price from $25 to $500.  I think it depends on the quality. Either way, it is a beautiful accessory, and I wear it everyday.  The Chinese wear them for luck and to keep them away from harm.  Out of all the jewelry I have, I think this bracelet will be the most worn.

No comments:

Previous Posts