January 28, 2009

January 28th, 2009

Yesterday Morning Peanut and I woke up to ....... SNOW!




Tiny flakes were falling, and as I put Peanut's coat on him, and we went outside, he looked around like, "yup, still my yard!" The total amount of snow accumulation was only about an inch, but it was enough for me to sigh a sigh of relief. We finally got our snow. Driving to work was a little tricky, people were doing 50 in a 65, with roads that were clear. I can understand caution, but the roads were clear! The state of Maryland had already treated the roads, and salt and sand trucks were parked on the side of the road waiting.

I will say the snow is really pretty though!

Here is what my street looked like when I left for work in the morning...

This morning however, the ice storm had passed through, and everything has a coating of ice. FUN!!! I am delaying getting rady for work as long as I possibly can, to see if any of it melts before I tackle scraping my car off. Not likely because it's still freezing drizzle and there is no sun out. Oh well.

Surprisingly though, these are the days where I really don't miss working for a grocery store chain. And for those of you who bum rush the stores to buy toilet paper, milk, and bread.... the reason the store is out of those items is because the 5000 other people who beat you to the store bought it in bulk! Also, stop panicking! If your power goes out because of the ice and snow, your milk is going to go bad anyway.

5 comments:

Debra said...

Peanut is so cute in his little coat!!
Our snow is gone but today the wind is blowing so bad.
Have a great day!

~Marie~ said...

Thank you Debra! You have a great day as well!

I can't wait until the purse I purchased from you shows up!

Brenda Heisler said...

Pretty snow photos and pretty dog.

~Marie~ said...

Thank you very much!

Gerri Ward said...

Marie,
This morning there were 5 inches of snow on the ground and it was still snowing! I am sooo tired of SNOW but I bet Peanut had fun in it, he is sooo photogenic, he should be in Disney films-you can tell he has personality plus!
p.s. I luv his coat!!!

Previous Posts