December 27, 2008

December 27th, 2008

I want to take a moment today to remember an icon.

Her name was Eartha Kitt.

Eartha was born January 17, 1927, and she passed on December 25th, 2008.

Eartha Kitt was 81 years old.

She was an American actress, singer, and cabaret star. She was perhaps best known for her 1953 Christmas song "Santa Baby". Which is, by the way, my favorite Christmas song ever!

I was lucky enough to see her when she stopped in Washington, D.C. this year. She was phenomenal! And she had a body that I wish I will have at the age of 80. Frankly her legs were like a 20 year old's!

1 comment:

Gerri Ward said...

Marie,
you are sooo lucky to have seen her, it was always a wish of mine and time just slipped by too fast! Her body really was incredible and yes her legs were to be envied!!!!
She will be missed but always in our memories. I luv this photo of her!

Previous Posts