March 24, 2011

March 24th 2011

I just finished reading this book and it was amazing. It's called Fireflies in December.  Such a great story about adversity and how one family went with what was right to them than be bullied by others.  I mean this sentance alone peaked my interest: "When her best friend Gemma's parents are killed in a house fire, Jessilyn Lassiter's parents take the girl in. Trouble is, the year is 1932, Gemma is black, the Lassiters are white, and they live in a small Virginia town."  I found myself in love with the main character Jessie Lynn, and really rooting for her.  I even had trouble putting the book down... and with my work schedule this week that was pretty rough. 


So check it out, you won't be disappointed.  I have placed on my wish list the two other books that follow called Cottonwood Whispers and Catching Moondrops.  I can't wait to download them and read them. 

Up next I am reading another Mary Ann Winkowski book, called The Ice Cradle.  So stay tuned on my review of that book.  You may remember that I read a book by her called The Book of Illumination and I wrote about it in my blog last year on March 31st, 2010.  I loved the book.  I love ghost stories, and this one was just great.  It wasn't a creepy story, but it was a great story.  So I will let you know how this one goes as well.  Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Previous Posts