December 9, 2010

December 9th, 2010

Wooo.... book review time. 

I just finished yesterday the book Dark Possesion by Christine Feehan.  Great book.  It is vampire, meets shape shifter, romance.  Does that make sense?  Probably not.  I will say this, it was choc full of sex!  I don't mind if there is sex in a book, but this was a bit over the top with it.  I did like the story line though.  So despite the never ending sex that ran rampant  in this story, that story line kept me interested. 

I know I read another book by Christine Feehan, and that was Dark Celebration.  I can't find the review for it.... maybe I didn't write one.  In fact I think that book was the pre-quill to this book, so it's good to know I am right on track.  Ha ha

Here is the exert from the leaflet on the inside of the book. 

"Manolito De La Cruz knew he was dangerously close to turning into a vampire.  The last thing he expected after being called back to his Carpathian homeland by Prince Mikhail was to catch the scent of his destined lifemate in MaryAnn Delaney.  MaryAnn is human but she knows all to well the overwhelmingly aggressive instincts of the Carpathian males.  And they're not the sort of men she's prefer to be bound to for life.


A dedicated couselor for battered women, MaryAnn has a fulfilling life with no room for someone like Manolito, born and bred in the Carpathian Mountains, a law unto himself.  But when MaryAnn agrees to go to South America to offer guidance to a brutalized young woman, she's oblivious of the trap that awaits her in the sweltering thick of the jungle.  She has been lured there by Manolito himself, who has seductive plans for the unaware, irresistibly human female.


Once there, she will be his.  Once his, she will never be released.  He is her lover, her predator, her lifemate.  She is his dark possession..."

Over all it was a good read.  A little less sex, and a little more story and it would have been a great read.  I will probably pick up another Christine Feehan book in the future, should I see it floating around the mark down section in Borders Books. 

No comments:

Previous Posts