December 29, 2010

December 29th, 2010

I watched some really great tv last night.  I watched the Kennedy Center Honors where they inducted Oprah Winfrey, Merle Haggard, Jerry Herman, Bill T Jones, and Paul McCartney. 
Growing up within 30 minutes or less from Washington DC, I have been to the Kennedy Center many times, and it really is a great place.  I’ve seen quite a few performances there. 
I really tuned in to see No Doubt, play tribute to Paul McCartney, but enjoyed the tribute to the other Honorees as well.  Especially the one for Jerry Herman, who wrote the play Hello Dolly and Mame.  I remember when my older brother and I went to the Kennedy Center to see the play Hello, Dolly with Carol Channing.  What a great performance that was, and we walked out singing the songs from the play when the night was over.  We sang them all the way home. 
IMAG0307
Yes, I took a picture of the tv!  ha ha.  I love Carol Channing (in red), she is amazing.  And that is Angela Lansbury next to her. I rarely say this, but what a fun night on tv that was!

2 comments:

CC said...

Great picture Marie. How are the earring moving on your new site? I went and checked them out, very nice.

~Marie~ said...

Hi CC. Thanks. The earrings are moving ok I guess. I've sold 4 pairs. Which is pretty cool.

Previous Posts