September 9, 2009

September 9th, 2009

I have another book for you... this one took me by surprise.

Prophecy of the Sisters is the name of the book, and it's written by Michelle Zink. Wow, oh wow. It's the first book of three, of a trilogy. And it was really quite good, and quite an intriguing read.

Here is the paragraph off the inside sleeve:
Twin sisters, Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' death, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets. Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust. They just know they can't trust each other.

Intrigued? I knew you would be. I found myself captivated by the book, not wanting to put it down, wanting to know what happened next to Lia and Alice. And really, I was quite shocked at how the first book ended. Now I wonder when the next book will hit the shelves? I want to read more about Lia and Alice, and I am certain you will too.


4 comments:

BlondeBlogger said...

Oooh, definitely sounds intriguing! Perfect book to read about on 9-9-09, lol! (Love the pic of your Peanut, btw...he's adorable!)

~Marie~ said...

Thanks. It was a really good book. And thanks for the comment about Peanut. I love that little guy!

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! I just realized the 09-09-09 thingy, that's spooky and so is this book at least it seems to be!
JUST LIKE I LIKE IT - THANKS!!!:)

~Marie~ said...

Gerri, This book was spooking but also mysterious. I wish I knew when the second book was going to hit the shelves so that I can make sure I'm ready for it. And the 9/9/09 thing, can actually be perceived as a lucky day in some places and cultures.

Previous Posts