September 4, 2009

September 4th, 2009


So I have another book review for you. I picked up this book last weekend at Borders, it cost me a total of $7. I love the markdown area! But sadly not all markdown books are winners. This one was definitely NOT a winner.

I couldn't even get into this book. It's a spy book, but each chapter is about someone different character-wise. And there is no background on the character really, you are just put smack dab in the middle of something. At first I was hoping the chapters would reveal some sort of common trait or show somehow when all the dots would connect. But I had to put the book down. It was too random, I could not finish this book. My curiosity of how the dots would connect was not strong enough to see this through.

I really do not recommend that you pick up the book Spook Country by William Gibson, it's just too randomly written.

So there you have it. Another book, down and onto the next one.

2 comments:

Gerri Ward said...

Is it suppose to be scary? Anyway THANKS for telling us because I luv the markdown area, that's where I buy mostly all of my BOOKs!
HAPPY WEEKEND MARIE and PEANUT !!!:)

~Marie~ said...

I don't think it was supposed to be scary, but it was a about spies I'm guessing. Like I said I didn't get very far into the book before I got frustrated at the lack of cohesion.

Previous Posts