December 21, 2008

December 21st, 2008

Well it took me a little over a week, but here is day three of my cruise.

If you want, you can go back to day one by clicking here, and day two by clicking here.

Day three seemed to be the most tiring! We walked from the port of Nassau all the way too Ardasta Gardens. Ardasta Gardens is a conservatory for animals and plants, and they give you a map so you can walk around and look at the birds and animals. On out adventurous walk, Mark and I got really excited when we saw a flamingo cross the path ahead of us. It was so exciting! We both have seen flamingos before, at the National Zoo, but never just roaming free. As we walked around taking pics of the flamingos, Mark was testing how close he could get without getting bit. He was able to get pretty close, but as soon as the flamingos started honking, Mark and I took a step back. LOL.

On my way back to going to see some parrots that I wanted to get pictures of, I noticed one of my favorite birds chilling under some bushes. Peacocks!! I love all the colors of their feathers, and as mentioned before have gotten Peacock feathers tattooed down my side(extremely painful, yet beautiful). So you can imagine how funny the sight must have been as Mark is chasing down flamingos and I am chasing down Peacocks. LOL

After Ardasta Gardens, we sat for a while on a bench in Nassua near the port. Mark smoked a cigar and we just watched life go buy. One thing that was really funny, was that while we were sitting on the bench, a horse drawn carriage went buy. The driver, in an attempt to ge us to hop in, asked if we had ever "made love in the back of a carriage." LOL... He promised if we got in and went for a ride he wouldn't look. LOL... it was really funny, but not something I would try. Especially in a busy, tourist area!

Once back on the boat, Mark and I took a 3 hour nap, waking up in time for dinner. After dinner we attended the Farewell Show, which included funny questions the cruise director gets asked. One was "How do the crew commute to work?" Another was, "Is the water in the toilets salt or fresh water?" As you can imagine I was laughing so hard I tears coming out of my eyes. After the farewell show we played some Bingo, and tried to win some money. And the last thing we did that night was watch a crazy scavenger hunt. Some of the items of the scavenger hunt were so crazy, like .... the group number (everyone was in groups that was participating), a man's belt and 3 bras. Women were just ripping off there bras like it was nothing. It was totally insane.

Day four was our trip back home and I have no pics of that. We were so tired that picture taking was not on the list of things to do.

All in all it was a good trip. I enjoyed our weekend get away. And I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Day Three Pics:


CC said...

The pictures were great and it sounds as if you had a wonderful time!

Gerri Ward said...

What lovely photos!!! Now I want to go on a cruise, thanks for sharing your vacation of fun and sun!!!!

~Marie~ said...

CC- Thanks! I'm glad I could share them with you.

Gerri- Thank you, and you should go on a cruise! They are so much fun, and Mark and I both agree that Royal Caribbean is the best cruise line. I have been on Carnival once and was not impressed.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I checked out some of your pics yesterday but meant to leave a comment. Sure looks beautiful. And I am glad to see your comment above because I know some people who didn't have a great time on cruises and I always wondered.

Previous Posts