April 4, 2011

April 4th, 2011

So last night we had a thunderstorm roll through.  It was pretty amazing.  But unfortunately Peanut doesn’t think thunderstorms are amazing, he thinks they are scary.  Good news though, I think I may have found a way to relieve Peanut’s anxiety with thunderstorms.  The Thundershirt!

Thundershirt

We have only had the thundershirt a couple days and I was still working with him to associate the thundershirt with something positive, like treats.  So I wasn’t sure the thundershirt would work at first.  But last night proved me to be wrong.  Usually Peanut shakes and looks for a place to hide during the storm.  Not this time.  After the storm started my brother grabbed Peanut’s Thundershirt from his drawer and put it on him.  He said as soon as he put the shirt on him, he stopped shaking.  After a while Peanut went and laid down on his bed, and was relaxed the entire time.  Once I got home there was still some thunder rolling through, and I decided to leave the shirt on Peanut.  He laid calmly in his bed while the thunder rolled through. 

So if you want to check it out for yourself, you can go here.  It is supposed to help with all kinds of anxiety problems in dogs.  

No comments:

Previous Posts

Followers