March 3, 2011

March 3rd, 2011

So while working at Petsmart as a bather, I have learned quite a few things.  I'm now much better at trimming nails on dogs, as well as on Peanut.  Before I never knew what I was looking for and how often it should be done.  One of my favorite things now is the nail grinder.  Most dogs will tolerate the grinder better than the clippers, and it really makes nail trims quick and painless.  But some dogs do not like their feet touched at all, so nail grinding or not, it can be quite the struggle.

This is the one we use in the salon at Petsmart.  It is pretty awesome.  And I just ordered one for at home off amazon.com.  I can't wait to use it on Peanut.  Maybe once it arrives I will do a video demonstration on nail grinding.  It's pretty easy.

Dremel 7300-PT 4.8-Volt Pet Grooming Kit

Dremel 7300-PT 4.8-Volt Pet Grooming Kit

No comments:

Previous Posts