July 6, 2010

July 6th, 2010


I love to read.  I read books all the time.  I usually go to Borders Books and peruse the markdown section for cheap books to read.  But sometimes I run out of books before I can get to Borders to pick up a few new ones.  So now, I can get the Kindle app for my phone for free.  Woooo Hooo!

I may have to do a little hunting to find free books, but I think it may be worth it. 

So I just got done reading, Murder on the Ghost Walk. Murder on the Ghost Walk  It was pretty interesting.  It was a ghost story with a mystery.  The main character, Ashley Wilkes, is remodeling a house for a client.  They knock out the kitchen wall and find two skeletons, but who are the two skeletons and how did they get in the wall?  What I liked about the book is that there didn't seem to be a dull moment.  There was always something going, including another murder, or two.

Mom had found this book in a box of books she got from her friend Wilma.  Wilma donates used books to, I believe, a charity that sends them to Soldiers over in Iraq.  Usually she goes through all the books she collects and sends my mom ones she thinks mom will like.  When mom is done reading them, mom sends them back to Wilma.  Occasionally I donate some of the books I get on markdown, and sometimes I donate some of the books I get to the library. 

No comments:

Previous Posts