May 25, 2010

May 25th, 2010

I got a little hungry last night for some yummy cookies. And so I made some Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. So good!!!

Here is the Recipe if you want to give these a whirl!

Ingredients:

1 cup of butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
1 teaspoon of orange extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup of dried cranberries

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla, orange zest, and orange extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into the butter mixture. Stir in the oats and cranberries.  Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake for 10-12 minutes in pre-heated oven, or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire cooling rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

CC said...

I can't wait to make, bake and eat! Thanks for the recipe and thats for the post.

Have you made any cookies for Peanut?

~Marie~ said...

I have made him cookies in the past. I think I might start baking for him again, just to try and save some $$ on treats. Don't worry, if I make him a cookie I will be sure to post that recipe too. :-)

Previous Posts