June 15, 2009

June 15th, 2009

Last night was so much fun seeing No Doubt again, this time at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA. Unfortunately the traffic getting there was a nightmare and we didn't get to see Paramore or The Sounds. But thanks to Youtube... I can see some of what other saw at other shows so far.

Lucia and I decided to leave before the encore because we just did not want to deal with more traffic... so we missed this song.. check it out.



Gwen's interaction with the crowd was just great too. She gave out a hug to a guy who was holding up a sign that said hugs. She took the sign held it up next to her and said, "come and get it, come get your hug!" People also had things to give her and at one point she was like, "Is that a gift? Give it up..... " Gwen was really loving the gifts fans brought for her.

If you have never heard of The Sounds, it's ok. They are fairly new...



I kind of wanted to see Paramore live, but ah well.



I have one picture I took. I was up on the lawn and was really far away, which you will be able to see. But Lucia and I were part of 23,000 people who rocked out to No Doubt.

I will have the pic up later, I forgot my camera adapter at home.

7 comments:

Gerri Ward said...

OMG! You are sooo lucky, I want to see " No Doubt" !!! p.s. Gwen looks like she's a nice person. Just think you've seen her twice this year now how lucky is that, next time you'll probably get to meet her!!!

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

I'm soooooo jealous! I've been to concerts at Nissan and also hate the traffic trying to get outta that place! Glad you had a great time!!

~Marie~ said...

Gerri, I have been really lucky to see her twice this year. I think she is a really cool, down to earth type of person who hasn't let the fame of being the lead singer of No Doubt go to her head. I would love to meet her one day... maybe it will happen.

Sandy Dog Bakery, Thanks so much. Nissan is a pain to get to and to leave from. I normally avoid all concert at Nissan because of that. But I just could not pass up the opportunity to watch one of my favorite bands live.

Anonymous said...

Nice review! Gwen's abs were amazing! I remember she was wearing those white low-rise pants. I wonder if she went commando, hahaha.

~Marie~ said...

Thanks so much. I had so much fun that night! :-)

Anonymous said...

OOOh, reading this review totally bought me back my memories from that concert... it was really so much fun! Nice blog, by the way!

As for Gwen Stefani, I somehow doubt she went 'commando'. She was in a great shape, though :D

kisses,

Hannah

~Marie~ said...

Thanks Hannah! And thanks for stopping by too.

Previous Posts