October 14, 2008

October 14th, 2008

Since I get paid tomorrow, I am definately taking a trip to get a couple pumpkins this year. I love to carve pumpkins! It's actually pretty fun, yet totally tiring. And I think I may bake the pumpkin seeds this year. I have never tried doing that, so it will be a first for me.

I was really happy with last years pumpkin! I loved it. I still loved it after my boyfriend knocked it over outside and then put it back together with toothpicks.. LOL... woops!!

I have no idea what I am going to carve this year... any ideas? I do know that I have to buy some new carving tools because my other ones broke last year...
This weekend I tried something new with Peanut. I usually keep him on a leash at all times while we are taking our walk. One of the areas we walk through is a high traffic area, so he will definately have to be on a leash. Too many cars and my poor heart would break if he got hit. So as we made the turn back onto our street this weekend I unhooked his leash. My boyfriend was with me so I had a team member if Peanut decided that he was going to bolt. I won't say I don;t trust my dog, I will say he can be quite mischevious, and what he thinks is a fun game of chase, is really not so fun.

He was really good for the off leash part of the walk. He walked right beside Mark and I. He stopped to watch a squirrel, and much to my surprise and delight, he did not take off after it. There may be many more off leash momments to come for him...... I wonder how he would do in the back yard? We don't have part of it fenced, because it needs to be replaced and I usually put him out on a lead.

Update on job: No word yet on the job after my interview Friday. I will be calling Dave, my interviewer tomorrow to follow up. Hopefully I will have some good news. I know he said he would be in touch, but I think I should definately call.

7 comments:

The Writer said...

If you are going to be playing with him the entire time, you might want to try some free time in the yard with him. I definitely wouldn't leave him alone out there off lead though. I think the trick is to have them engaged while off leash.

Good luck with the pumpkin!

Happy wandering!


The Writer...and her dog, Bear

~Marie~ said...

That's a good idea! I think I will definately try that. Thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

Marie,
what a scary pumpkin! I luv your Steve Maddens you wore for your interview, very sophisticated, an excellent choice! You are destined to get the job! p.s. I like the ones you're wearing in your about me photo, those are wild!

~Marie~ said...

Thanks. I bought the leopard print shoes in my pic at Target. I have a small budget for shoes, so that means sometimes I shop at Target. LOL

Anonymous said...

nice shoes, love the new pic.

~Marie~ said...

Thanks Nemo!!

~Marie~ said...

Thanks Nemo!!

Previous Posts